Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Western States Cobra Group (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/western-states-cobra-group/)
-   -   WSCB 2008 "Track Day" - Main Thread (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/western-states-cobra-group/87315-wscb-2008-track-day-main-thread.html)

jmarsey 04-29-2008 04:04 PM

WSCB 2008 "Track Day" - Main Thread

Hi All WSCB-Track Day Attendees!

Hopefully you received your “Track Day Playbook” with links and such working properly.

If you are having any trouble with the link or file, please let me know and I’ll send you a PDF directly.

I tried to include everything you might need in this document. If you have any questions or concerns regarding Your Day At The Track, please let me know!

See you all very soon, John ;)

CoupedUp 04-29-2008 07:01 PM

Nice work John! Very thorough and helpful. I really appreciate all the hard work that you, Duane and others have put into making this a high quality event and a fun experience. New clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing and rear main seal are in the car. Just have to drive her around now to get everything all broken in. Can't wait!!!

Doug

4pipes 04-29-2008 07:13 PM

Excellent document. Great bedtime reading.

decooney 04-29-2008 10:39 PM

Yeah, it is very impressive.

Yes, hats off to you John. You and the Track Team Crew are really taking this year to an entirely new level of focus and attention to quality, safety, and instruction talent.

I'm still amazed at all of the instructors this year and the level of experience each one of them brings, and when putting them together, wow it's kind of hard for even me to believe. Pulling together our NorCal Shelby crew, and now Karen, Eric and others from NASA and the Challenge Series is truly quite something.

I needed to make this post reflecting on all the planning to date, because I don't believe everyone who is participating at Track Day yet understands the magnitude of instructor talent and experience coming together here at WSCB 2008.

Jamo 04-29-2008 11:10 PM

El Documente este es muy bueno, Juan. Bravo! ;)

Sr. Duane es muy correcto...shazaam! :p

ByronRACE 04-30-2008 10:28 AM

Thanks

As you might imagine, receiving that track day information filled in many of the blanks that I bothered you guys with, and many that I refrained from bothering you with (but was about to).

From a noob perspective it might help you to know that I would have held my tongue and bugged you less had I known there was a well thought out information packet like this coming as soon as the dust settled regarding event details. From your perspective, you probably just thought I was impatient. I honestly had no idea this was coming.

Thanks for taking the time to put this together...it's perfect.

Byron

jmarsey 04-30-2008 10:03 PM

Thanks All,...

For the support and appreciation of our hard work to date. We really do have a very talented and committed group of Instructors.
Only seems fitting to go the extra (S)mile.

WSCB – Track Day Instructor Group:

“River City Shelby Club’s”: Gary C., Gary B., Don F., Dave A., David A., Gordon G., Brian L., and Pete C.,

My good friends and Loyal “Track Dawgs”: Karen S., and Eric W. (Senior NASA Instructors), and newest addition to our Instructor Group,
“NASA Challenge Series Racer”: Rick A.

This is One Class-Act Group!

We’ll be having our final Instructor Meeting just before the Bash to review our plan for “your day of fun on the track.”

We’ll be talking soon, John ;)

pooreds 04-30-2008 10:40 PM

Very nice job with the videos! The whole package was perfect. Can't wait for my first day on a track. ED

davids 05-01-2008 03:42 PM

Very impressive work on your part Duane and John from a first timer...Duane, I got the ok from my Doc and the rehab center to drive my Daytona up to the event and back..Feeling really good and can't wait to be with you guys...Dave Shulak,