Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Windy City Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/windy-city-cobra-club/)
-   -   The mutt (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/windy-city-cobra-club/47262-mutt.html)

snake oil 11-16-2003 06:45 PM

The mutt

1 Attachment(s)
Introducing the Mutt; finally finished with her hat on.

snake oil 11-16-2003 06:47 PM

Nice rear end

1 Attachment(s)
Well what do you think guys?:confused:

snake oil 11-16-2003 06:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And a good of the front:D

G.R. 11-16-2003 07:04 PM

:3DSMILE: :3DSMILE: You ought to be proud of that "dog":)

Mutt's lookin' good

cobra427mnsi 11-16-2003 07:15 PM

VEEERY NICE !!!!!!!

Paul

Double Venom 11-16-2003 07:17 PM

I'd like to vote on that but I'm a little prejudiced :)
DV

ToyCollector 11-16-2003 07:22 PM

Love the rookie stripes. That's a "mutt" that knows how to hunt! Would love to know more about your roll bar set up.

Double Venom 11-16-2003 09:09 PM

Toy Collector,
That's our stock 4-point. Developed along time ago for our first DV's.

DV...hope to never have to use one!

Rebel1 11-17-2003 03:10 AM

Very very nice ... but why do you call it a mutt??

My first wife is not gonna be happy to know a car is named after her :D

750hp 11-17-2003 04:49 AM

Are they the most subtle ghost stripes I've ever seen, or are my eyes playing tricks on me???

DV - did you paint this? Fabulous looking car !

It might have some subtle ghost stripes, but there's nothing subtle about the Mutt's pink bits out on display on the left fender !!! :eek: I love it !

snake oil 11-17-2003 02:22 PM

Rebel 1,
I call it the mutt because it simply is.

It was built by Lonestar Classics, at the time they were using
Classic roadster kits and building them.
So it's not a true "Lonestar" and
it's not a true "Classic Roasdster"

On top of that it has a 3.8 v6 turbo w/ an automatic !:o :o :o

But it does cut a pretty good quarte rmile mid- high 11's.

750 HP,
Yep DV's shop hooked me up with that paint.
And yes those are "GHOST OR PHANTOM" stripes.

They're very laid back until the sun light hits 'em then they
"POP" out at you.

FFR2231K 12-01-2003 05:51 PM

Mutt

Dear Snake Oil,
I realy like the top. All of that clear stuff in the back. It has to be great. looks real good.
Mark:)

ff2_emtb 12-01-2003 06:45 PM

Very nice....nice to see another Cobra with little V6 under the hood....

t.

Excaliber 12-01-2003 07:13 PM

Whoa, those ghost stripes are killer!!!! I didn't even notice until 750HP pointed it out.

I bet there are SO cool when the light is right. The paint is so good I guess I can overlook the V-6 this time. :LOL:

Ernie

Okiesnake 12-01-2003 08:35 PM

Snake Oil - car looks killer! Love the paint!
On uniquecobra.com there is a thread where some of the guys made some aluminum front nose shrouds. They really set off the oil cooler. Its actually pretty easy to fabricate. The topic is a little long but there are lots of pics and more details further in the thread. http://www.uniquecobra.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=288

Lowell W 12-02-2003 04:41 AM

Hey! I know that car!

Looks great with the top on, Arcenio. With a top, it's like having a whole different car when the weather's less than perfect. I use my top a lot.

My daughters really liked your car, too. When we were at the dragstrip, they immediately singled out your car as the most aggressive-looking and called it "The Man Eater". They'd be disappointed to hear you call it a "Mutt"! :)

snake oil 12-02-2003 07:23 AM

Well thanks for all the comments guys!

Lowell tell your daughters that we lovingly call it the mutt.

Didn't you guys ever have a dog that was just great
and wasn't a pure breed?
The kind of dog that just seened to be right there for ya all the time?:confused:

Me neither. No, No, just kiddin'.

That is why I call it the mutt reliable, fun to drive, fast too.

Hold the brake. Get the rpm up about 3000.
get the tires spinning and let the brake go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dang I love that feeling. It's like being shot out of a cannon.
:D

PSB 12-02-2003 09:47 AM

Looks great, but you can't post pics of a Cobra with a unique engine setup without posting pics of the engine! Pics of the eangine PLEASE!

I love the ghost stripes!

Pete

ff2_emtb 12-02-2003 11:05 AM

Snake Oil,

Did you talk to Spina before taking on this project? The results look great. You ought to go post that over on gnttype.org or turbobuicks.com too...

t.

snake oil 12-04-2003 07:36 AM

t,
Yes I know John Spina.
He's a memeber of our Windy City Cobra club.
But I bought the car with this engine in it.
Although John has been a valuable resource at times:D