28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2004, 05:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default D & M Motorsports - Good or Bad?

I'm ready to pull the trigger and trade my C5 for an SPF. Has anyone had dealings with D&M Motorsports on North Avenue. They have a lot of Superformance Roadsters but seem somewhat pricey and not too open about vehicle details. Any input about this dealership would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Graham
Old 05-26-2004, 08:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#0760
Not Ranked     

D&M is a sub dealer for Dynamic Motorsports in Ross Ohio.
They purchase the roller, and then have an engine installed.
They do not appear to stock any parts, or do any service in house.
And I know the engines are installed by another company.
Perhaps the thing to do is stop by a WCCC get-together and talk to some of the SPF owners.
Old 05-27-2004, 01:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I sent you an email.
Old 05-27-2004, 02:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Coupe,Blue w/white stripes SB; Roadster, Blue w/white stripes BB w/2-4s; SPF installer/Hot Rod-Custom Car builder
Not Ranked     
Arrow

We've been curious about them for awhile as well. They advertise in some of the state auto trade papers. As an installer I was wondering who did there installs,service and some of the questions already answered regarding their connection with SPF.
Old 05-27-2004, 03:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Actually, I bought SPF#1393 from them, and was pretty happy dealing with them. After being kind of jerked around by 2 SPF dealers, I walked into D&M and bought the car within 5 minutes.

Although I did not finance with them, they could have got me financing at a competitive rate on the whole package, which is unusual on these type of cars, plus they would probably take your C5 in trade as they resell a lot of Corvettes.

They told me I could bring it back to them for service, however I have not done so.

I dealt with the with the owner, Mike, and he knew quite a bit about the cars.
Old 06-07-2004, 08:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPO 1694, Roush 402R
Not Ranked     

I bought SPO1694 from D&M in January. The owner is knowledgeable and wants to please. However he let one salesman work there for too many months who made promises and took many weeks to do the simplest tasks. Finally I just ordered my parts directly from Dynamic Motorsports and got fast service. St. Charles Motorsports does their installs; D&M is in the selling business, not repairing, but they can direct you to resources. A used Cobra with your mechanic to inspect it is probably the cheapest and least depreciation, as most used ones are low mileage anyway. In my case I got a Roush engine for a lot less than replacement value, so that was my main deciding factor to go with D&M.