View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 04:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB540
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodahs View Post
dont know about the bf but the ba air bag sensors are across the front of the vehicle

i have been told that ford supply a blank to fit in both the steering wheel and passanger dash and when i inquired about this was never told that i have to run anything for the computers to read - yes there are three computers that talk to each other and the motor and box will run with only the ecu (engine bay comp) but it has to have the internal switches turned off as its not looking for the other two

now i dont know about other states but as i said in an earlier post here in w.a. the licensing group (dept planning and infrastructure) will not let me license a modified or kit car with working airbags (even if they seem to be set up correctly) unless i have the certificates and what ever (this means that the manufacturer or other needs to setup and crash an amount of vehicles at a.d.r standards) that under the proper situations they are going to work 100% correctly

maybe drb sportscars have already done this
I am in Country WA, Have ordered my DRB and have the Donar car sitting in the shed. Can someone please help with who I need to contact to start the build and get it registered etc.