View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 06:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKB View Post
At the double lane change testing earlier this I heard the handling of the DRB540 made a lighter popular V8 powered kit car, which was also doing the same test, look pretty ordinary.

Warren
Pure propaganda. Why do they even bother. They are talking about an RCR-40 as we shared the track for lane change testing. I will quite happlily put an RCR-40 up against a DRB540 on the track with same HP, same tyres, same driver. But it's pretty obvious the vehicles are designed for different purposes. Actually I will put up any RCR against any DRB of the same spec. As manufacturers we have both taken different engineering approaches and as a result different performance outcomes and most likely appeal to different types of buyers.

We don't even support the Boss 540 engine in any RCR due to the weight, size and location penalty associated with it. But as stated above our vehicles are designed with different goals in mind.

But don't take this as a slur on the DRB 540, it's built for a specific purpose and specific market. One of the key designers & builders of the 540 kit now works for RCR, so we know more about the 540 than most.