View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 07:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6022, navy blue, period correct 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
It's probably not do-able, but getting a runway at Dulles would sure be nice. I would be willing to write a check if someone could pull it off (preferably in the spring, when it's warmer).
I looked to see if the Hazy center had its own runway, but they just have a road for planes to drive from Dulles to the Hazy center. I think Dulles is too busy to rent out any runways.

If we knew someone at Dover AFB or Andrews AFB (or any other local AFB), maybe we could get something to work. Soldiers do love cobras and most of these AFB seem to be available for private planes to land at with permission (at least that's what their websites say). We could make it into a nice annual event and it might be nice for the soldiers too. They could probably limit AF plane traffic to one runway for a day, but I don't think a commercial airport would be able to do that. And a smaller local airport isn't going to have a 2 mile runway....

We just need to find someone who has a connection at an AFB. I will keep working on it with CACC. There is also this one, but that makes it a full weekend event with travel:
http://www.ecta-lsr.com/?page_id=2

www.partskeeper.com
(Less time searching, more time wrenching & driving)