View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 02:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Coupe,Blue w/white stripes SB; Roadster, Blue w/white stripes BB w/2-4s; SPF installer/Hot Rod-Custom Car builder
Not Ranked     

I'm not sure about this car. It sounds a lot like Ray Quinlan's that was untouched and still had the original patina. It sold for about $300K+ at B-J earlier this year. I thought it sold so cheaply because one of the greedy offspring was making a side deal with someone. I don't recall the CSX# but it was tied up in estate issues for years after Ray died. He had a bunch of original cars in the years I knew him including a '53 'vette he donated to the Corvette museum, an original Avanti and some others. It was the 289 Cobra that really brought out the greed though. Paint was original, cracking and losing adhesion to the aluminum. I can remember him forbidding anyone from wiping off old bird sh!t. He said he didn't want to remove the original "patina", he was an interesting man. If this 289 is close to that, it probably was underpriced.
That doesn't excuse displays of arrogance, but he did say his lawyer is "Real One", so what would you expect.(I realized it was another post that claimed Evan as his attorney, my mistake)
By the way, I do have a job and if I had any liking for Shelby the man I could be interested. I don't even need financing. But since I think he is such a butthead, I'll drive my SPF's and be no less happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfe1234 View Post
Just a small message to all you "EXPERTS" that have all that inside information on CSX2568. The car WAS grossly undersold at the BJ auction for the $440,000. Every real Cobra guy that KNOWS the car, beleives the car should be in the $550,000 to $700,000 range.
believes is spelled ie not ei. Maybe that extra dough can get some spelling education for you.

Last edited by Woodz428; 11-13-2009 at 02:48 PM.. Reason: error