View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 06:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force kit, LS1, 4L60, 4.09 LSD... Gone to Queensland!!!
Not Ranked     

I think it was only the earlier engines (up to 2001) that were known for weak rod bolts. This motor is a 2003, out of my VY Sedan.

I put the brakes on the front for a number of reasons.
Firstly, it makes the burnout so much easier and reduces the distance I have to reverse back.
Secondly, when I get used to the car a bit more, I plan to not use the chute and just use the brakes, therefore I can just drive straight back to the pits like a street car. (Mine is the only car in Modified that drives back to the pits. When I do pop the chute, the guys at the end of the strip roll up the chute and put it on the back of the car and I just drive back).
Lastly, the front brakes instantly stop the rear end bouncing. Sometimes when you get off the gas the back starts bouncing, but a little application of the front brakes stops it instantly.

I have a seperate hand operated lever for the front brakes, which is next to the shifter in the centre of the car (between my legs).

I have just received another package from Summit Racing, (gotta love the dollar at the moment) which includes my new rear brakes. The brakes that came with the car are bloody woeful, so I'm putting on some Wilwood 4 piston Dynalites with new hats and rotors.

The car really is a bit different to all the other machines at the track. The front brakes cause some discussion, (Dragsters normally don't have them) and the EFI Commodore engine and 4 speed auto really attracts attention. The best thing is, at the end of the first nights racing of a two day event, I just take the laptop home, study the logged data and timeslips, make a new program and flash it in when I get back to the track the next day..... try doing that with a Carby!!!

When I get my home computer set-up I'll post up a bunch of pictures.

Last edited by Plums; 11-24-2009 at 06:45 PM..