View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 05:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Before we go too overboard on bashing Superformance Cobras, I will put mine up against ANY Cobra at any car show except a similair equipped Superformance and will have a very good chance at winning, I would venture to say 49 out of 50 times. I have seen 100 plus Cobras and when it comes to body panel alignment, panel gap consistency, paint and finish, wheel orientation to fenders (the tires dont stick outside the fender wells), dash layout, correct wheelbase, dash instrumentation, windshield frame quality, engine compartment details such as accelerator linkage, not a cable wrapped around the car. I have not found one that is better and only 1 or 2 that were close. I have seen Shelby CSX fiberglass series that looked like crap next to SPF's. I have seen Cobras where the door gap goes from 3/16" to 5/8" from top to bottom.

No I did not crawl under the other cars and check their fastners!!! LOL SPF has some very simple issues that cost nothing to solve. I have no doubt this type of post will quickly go away and everyone will win, SPF will sell continue to sell cars and future owners will benefit from the feedback SPF has gotten.

I have owned other replicas and was not critical of them, but Superformance has the reputation as being the best so I am that much more critical of them.

My SPF side pipes never leaked, my spf rearend never leaked, my spf emergency brake works, my spf never broke its windsheild go over some rail road tracks, my spf steering wheel does not dance like a cat on a hot tin roof at highway speeds, my spf doors and truck panels do not rattle and devleop rub marks all over the body, my spf coil springs are set at the same height, not one adjusted 1.5" more to get the car to set level.