View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 09:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: classic roadesters ltd, 302, T5
Not Ranked     

James;; I have done this a few times, but not enough to keep the butterflies away when spraying basecoat and clearcoat, but I figure that if I can keep the butterflies flying in formation it might be a little easier. Really it never gets easy.

Update: 58 hours into final phase, 10 days down, 80 to go.

I am happy about todays progress, paint came out about as good as you can expect, seeing as how I did not really clean the shop that well, did not remake my exhaust fan system etc.... It will do just fine. Got a few things reattached, got the new arms painted and installed, got the brake lines cleaned and ready for install tomorrow after I retouch the front frame.

While waiting between coats managed to call an exhaust coating company. i have settled on a new celgin exhaust coating system. Still in the developmental stages but supposedly the next great coating system to come along. Made by Tech Line, air dries, so looks like the powdercoating oven i built may not be needed on this build. Suppose I will have to coat something just to say I did. That is the way it goes with these builds, you think you got it figured out and then you turn a corner and everything changes.

Ray