View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 03:37 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 156, ex Paxton 351, now a 392 Ford Racing Stroker
Not Ranked     

welcome to the thrill of ownership in one of these cars , and the friends you will develop because of them . some thoughts :

* valet driver - NOT and NO NO NO
* heat shields - did you try BDR as a supplier source ?? also, besides Finish Line, SPF sells them too - coated or polished . Others might have them for sale too .Two different styles , one with perforated holes and one with no holes. Should they be coated or stainless ? that is your call . do they work ? mine sure do.
* radio ? limited hearing depending on where speakers are mounted , sound level of exhaust, side pipes vs rear and RPM levels> I have a Custom Autosound hidden radio in my car with a power amp in trunk adn speakers under dash . Cruising in city areas at lower rpm's it can be heard - on WOT take offs and over 70 mph, ya cant hear a thing . If i was to do it over , I would mount speakers in the bulkhead behind seats or not do it at all . the pipes are music by themselves .
* insurance ? SB 100 ? I stay out of those discussions as so much varies by state and insurance company.

Enjoy your new car - take your time learning about the car and the right go fast pedal - and do a nut and bold tightness safety check every several hundred miles or so - things can vibrate loose . Bill