View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 01:47 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA #2117; 331 stroker; TKO600
Not Ranked     

Mattpatt. The Superformance is a great car - extremely reliable and well built. After Kirkham, which is hands down the prettiest, best engineered, and best built cobra available (in my opinion), the next two - in varying order of preference - would be ERA and Superformance (again in my opinion). There generally won't be anything amiss with a used Superformance (or an ERA) that some light wrench work won't resolve. Most of the cars are dreams that were purchased, built strong enough to handle a race track every weekend, but normally only driven a couple of thousand miles in it's lifetime. There are people on here who have driven their Superformance as a daily driver + tracked it on weekends, and have 100,000 miles on the car. Believe me, they wouldn't have sold the large volume they have - at a significant premium to many other available cobras - if they weren't delivering on the quality promise. People who put out $50+ thousand can make a lot of noise when they are unfairly treated. Superformance makes a very good car (so does ERA). Check them out, ride in em, drive em, visit the factory (ERA is in Ct). Have fun doing your homework - that is part of the pleasure in this 'affliction'.