View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 08:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427 brushed aluminum with Keith Craft 527C.I. all aluminum FE
Not Ranked     

What we battle all of the time is what the customer wants with carburetion. So many people drive fuel injection cars now because that is what everything has is that they do not understand carburetion and want it to work like fuel injection and it will not.
We have to use some of the electric choke carbs to try and make these customers happy with the starting of the car. I prefer a double pumper on most of these engines i most cases. Some of use know how to start a car with carburetion and a lot do not.
Tom has spent some time working out the 830 to work well on the engines we have done for them. The annular booster carbs work better on the bigger cam engines because like Tom says they do not have as much vacuum to pull on the boosters to work at low rpms. I have a customer right now that needs the electric choke but wants the car to run better below 2000rpms and this is where the annular booster carb will work better.

Good luck, Keith