View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 12:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: classic roadesters ltd, 302, T5
Not Ranked     

DV: Thanks for feedback, since my radiator is black, I was thinking of blacking out the grill area, maybe even using undercoating on it, or at the least flat or satin black.

Now another question, or maybe a checking on my understanding. I pretty much have used all mechanical guages up to now. it looks like I need to put this into my plain english to understand. I like to understand exactly what is happening to make things work.

My analogy and most of my experience is with house wiring. I know a person can switch the hot, or switch the ground. If a person switched the ground and used a dimmer switch then the light would work just fine and be bright and dim.

So, in the case of electrical gauges do they run hot to one side of the guage, then run the ground (the other terminal at the gauage) to the sending unit and the sending unit functions like the dimmer switch on the house, the more resistance or pressure (or whatever happens in that sender) the gauage reads this resistance and displays that in terms of oil pressure, or heat, or fuel level.

I came to this analogy as i was tagging all the wires to the cobra, there were several that were identified as 'gauage power', and others gauge sender.

I am down to now trying to find places for the last two or three pigtails to plug in, hopefully, I can figure them out, if not then pics will be coming.

I also found that air cleaner at summit, I think it matches the valve covers that came with the car.

UPDATE: 78 hours, 14 days, 76 to go:

Got all the wires accounted for and tagged, ready to start hooking up of dash components to wiring and actuall making connections.

This decision to install mustang column and not the chevette is going to cost about 8 hours of extra wiring as I figure out what to do with all the wires that were going into the column.

got holiday stuff to attend to so short day.

Ray

Last edited by Hray; 12-04-2009 at 03:41 PM.. Reason: update progress;