View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 07:05 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 351W, T5, Red & White
Not Ranked     

From the BRE e-mail distribution:

" It's been pretty exciting around here since the Daytona Cobra Coupe documentary aired last night. We appreciate your mails and calls sharing what you liked best about the show. More show times are listed below as well as other details.

We hope you enjoy the holiday season. We feel very blessed to be a part of your celebrations. "

Gayle and Peter Brock
BRE

"America's Greatest Race Car"
HD Theater Creates First Documentary on Daytona Coupes

In May of this year, a documentary was filmed which was intended to showcase the auctioning of CSX2601 at Indy, interspersed with interviews of Peter Brock and Bob Bondurant.

The inside story is that when the car did not sell at Indy, the show as planned didn't work as the ending was quite anti-climactic. The show was reconsidered and as the interviews were so interesting and the car was so stunning, filmed in HD in a studio across the street from the Indy track, Discovery decided to do a full documentary on the Daytona Coupes, with the auction as a backdrop. The title being: "America's Greatest Race Car".

The show first aired Monday night on the HD Theater channel (if you don't know what channel this is on your TV, call your cable or satellite provider or look it up on their website). Future airings will occur: Sat 12/12 4am ET and 7am ET. Sun 12/13 1pm ET. Sat 12/19 1pm ET.

We are working with Discovery (the owners of the HD Theater channel) to have a DVD of the show created and made available. We will keep you posted and in the meantime, set your DVRs!