View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 02:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

If owners are accepting "flaws" in a new car there is not execuse. Let the flames begin. Let us not forget most have well over $50K in a new car. If you can paint one panel right the whole car should be right. I disagree most spf owners I have spoken too and seen there cars had no flaws in the paint. Dont try to make yourself feel better and say everyone has flaws in the paint because most dont.

I am sure the flames will come but I honestly feel you are better buying used than new, bugs are sorted, you test drive the vehicle, you touch the vehicle, very little unknows. You order new damage can occur in the shipping container, the installer, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBarchetta View Post
You don't drive diamonds. If you're buying a trailer queen and plan to truck the car from show to show, then I suppose a "flawless diamond" finish will be a pre-requisite.

The factory paint on many of these cars (pick your brand) are actually quite stellar. Most every SPF owner that I know who took delivery of a car with flaws, and who wasn't a complete azz about it, had the dealer take care of them au gratis. Solids are usually easier to blend/match than metallics, so a buyer should take that into consideration whether they plan to buy a turn-key-minus or have their own project painted by a pro.

Even the most perfect paint job will start to show war wounds with a little driving...it's inevitable.

-Dean