View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 05:17 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4758, CSX 381 Keith Craft 482 w/ Weber 48 IDA's
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
I'm considering Webers too, at some point, maybe, but I heard through the Weber grapevine that there are guys out there who had the return line to the Webers hooked up, had some issues, and then decided to disconnect the return line. Without the return line, their cars are running, as Jamo would say, muy goodo.
I'm one of the guilty parties. My engine seemed to stumble like fuel starvation at around 5000 rpm, and I was messing with e-tubes and float levels to fix it. Then it hit me, sounded like fuel starvation (have the proper regulator and inline gage set at just over 3 psi). So I plugged the output to the return line and capped the other end going back to the tank.

NEW CAR!! No more stumble, and a full on screamer very smoothly right on up to 6500 rpm and way too fast in second gear on a long freeway on ramp. Blew right by the traffic on the freeway. Not going to do that again.

That was a couple of months ago, and I'm still waiting to heal up and do a little more tweaking to the idle jet holder. Phil (priobe) knows what I'm talking about. Always several schools of thought on these subjects and what's right for one may not suit another. No return line is the way I'm going to roll.