View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 03:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

Thanks again Wrench - I am starting to get confused again.

I have a stock standard Mustang ('92) 5.0L HO EFI set up. The car has enough power in standard form and getting the power down is the fun part. Too much power would spoil the everyday driveability of the car in my opinion. I am not interested in tire burning or bragging rights.

However: (1) I am keen to get a 'carb - look' with probably a 4 throttle body intake. I am also wanting to use as much of my standard EFI set up as possible;

(2) I am considering some moderate top end refurbishment with ally heads, roller rockers and probably new induction manifold, as needed.

The more that these 2 new systems cost, the more it tips the overall balance towards a full crate motor from Ford Racing or elsewhere (some where around 350hp so as not to mean a gear box change)!

So these Fast Ez Efi, and the Powerjection III setups look fantastic but they are all speed density as you say and that seems more difficult to establish. I guess I am looking for advice on how to either modify my standard motor to achieve these two objectives - whether I should give up and go the crate donk!

Merv

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.