View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 02:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

Yes Geof, there is a morass of regulation in this whole area. It is less clear at a national level, as States continue to vary. The Ford Mustang 5.0L was in some cases originally fitted with a supercharger as an 'option' as well, thus that could qualify under the guidelines. I am still debating this one in my mind as I have the advice from my insurance company and the engineer that is quite supportive. I am not anxious to return to Queensland Transport for another inspection of anything! We all have traumatic memories of that initial experience - regardless of the outcome.

Similarly, I am advised that performance enhancing changes to heads, cam and/or the original induction system would normally alter the stock form of the motor and also emissions and could be in clear breach unless inspected by (less clear 'who', but I assume this to be approved engineer) the "approved person".

With all these issues in mind (I am quite happy with the answers I got from my insurance company), one would do nothing to modify the motor from its stock presentation - or alter the suspension ride height below 100mm. I wonder how many cars would be off the road with that one?

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.