View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 05:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrisons # 62 302 T5
Not Ranked     
Default QT Response

Merv

I got onto QT and the response was reasonably clear. I will summarise the information provided to me by QT.

* Any minor modifications require no approval. This might include a cold air intake, headers or upgraded ignition system. Nothing that would produce a total power increase of 10% (magic figure) from the manufacturer.
* Modifications that increase power by more than 10% REQUIRE APPROVAL - regardless of what they are. A supercharger and Aluminium Heads both fit into the same category here - Modification Code LA1.
* Approval for modifications under LA1 can be done by an Approved Person and do not specifically require QT or engineer inspection.
* Any modification must remain within limits of power increase for any given vehicle. Increases in power beyond these limits will require further modifications to other vehicle components (e.g. brakes). Approved persons can advise and approve these further modifications.
* Information relating to what power increase limits are and what is and is not allowed is included in QT documentation that is not publically available. Approved Persons have access to this information.
* Changes will be made from the beginning of 2011 whereby the mod codes and the approval process is being reviewed.

I have information on Approved Persons in your area – I will send you an email.

Cheers

Geof