View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 12:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB Cobra, Ford 2001 4.6l Quad Cam Stroked to 5.2l (ported heads, reground cams from SHM + a Kenne Bell 2.8 Charger + Intercooler) Autronic SM4 Ecu, Autometer Cobalt Gauges, Trigo 8 & 10 x 15 Halibrand Knock Offs, Goodyear Eagle Tyres
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merv and Sharon View Post
Yes Stephen, I called the QT 'approved person' this afternoon and he said that with new heads, cam and Mass-Flo he does not need to see the car, according to his instructions from QT as these are within the car's original design and should not add too much power (?). For a supercharger such as the Kenne Bell he does, but only needs to see it to ensure it is fitted correctly - generally well done - and to check to make sure that the brakes and suspension are not insufficient. That is no drum brakes and no emission testing. He then issues a compliance plate.
That is pretty much what I thought. QLD Transport really only care if adding a supercharger will have a negative effect on emissions. If your documentation shows that the engine modifications do not have this negative effect, you are 90% of the way there.

I know KBs come with this type of paperwork.

Last edited by Blair; 01-13-2010 at 12:48 PM..