View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 03:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar LS427, 408w, 48IDA Webers, TKO 600, 9" Currie 4-link 4.11 rear
Not Ranked     

Get some swatches painted up first so you can see the contrast between the two colors. I am a printer by trade and do a great deal of gloss/matte work. You need two contrasting levels of gloos to make it work, and I was orginally going to do what you are propossing. I kind of regret not doing it because I have made my car too clean and nice to drive, I drove it much more when it was just gell coated black.

The look you will want will be sinister, black side-pipes would look awesome. I would suggest a satin black body, gloss stripes. Or a matte body with satin stripes. The down side of a totally matte paint job is that finger prints, every drop of oil or debris will show up. You just need to make sure there is enough contrast between the two finishes or you will never be able to see the stripes, which you want subtle, but not so subtle you cannot tell they are there.

I think this is a great idea. LOW maintenace.

Last edited by Xavier; 01-13-2010 at 03:01 PM.. Reason: omit prophanity being censored