View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 09:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Will there be a split on which Cobras race at which Calif. event?

The Monterey Historics is steaming along without
the founder Steve Earle, now being run by SCRAMP, who run Laguna Seca racetrack, and will be held the usual weekend that the Pebble Beach and Concorso Italiano are held in August.

But Earle recently sent out press releases on his event in Sonoma, closer to San Francisco, which will be in June. Official name is the Sonoma Historic Motorsports Festival, scheduled for June 5-6, 2010, at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma, CA.

I just wonder whether some racers will stick with the tried and true Monterey event or race instead at Earle's new event? Or will they take their cars to both?

I have the same question about all the vendors that were on the midway at the Monterey Historics. Will they have booths at both events?

Also I haven't been to the Sonoma event so I wonder if they have a theme car/marque? If not, the name change (used to be the Wine Country Classic) leaves the door open for a theme car to be picked for future Sonoma Historics. Let's lean on Mr. Earle to pick Shelby American, which was the featured marque at Monterey some time ago so we can see lots of original era Shelby-American cars racing. Earle's contact info is:
805-686-9292 Phone
805-686-9292 Fax
Mailing address: P.O. Box 489, Buellton, CA 93427
Street address: 606 Alamo Pintado Rd #122, Solvang, CA 93463