View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 07:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 707, 446ci FE
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got the Bug View Post
Based on Jay's post, it sounds like some of the aftermarket LED lights won't fit in the Backdraft's standard light housing.
I think they may have evaluated a subset of the LED bulbs available. Every AutoZone has a few - the same few. SBLEDs has a dozen different configurations that fit everything from truck markers to motorcycles.

I've used these in a number of conversion projects, including a blazing 3-lamp setup for my '68 Mustang's taillights. I'd messed around with a flat-panel design to go behind Cobra rectangular tail lamps, but I've found that there are two good LED solutions (the tower and the right-angle) - I need to get samples and evaluate which is best. These also draw less power than a standard bulb and don't have the problems of high-intensity bulb replacements (namely, lots of heat right near the lenses or in an enclosed bulb carrier.

Maybe Jay's solution is the only one for BDRs. But I'd bet not, knowing how many configurations LED replacers are available in. And at a price difference of around $100...

= Si Opus Quadratum vis, angulos praecidere noli. =