View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 07:52 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsharapa View Post
I've had 6 Cobra's over the last 15 years, 1 Component Craft, 4 have been SPFs and the last one a Kirkham. I got out for a few years and really missed it so during the holiday's was in the market again looking for finished rollers. I enjoy finishing the engine/trans etc. and looked at Shelby CSX fiberglass cars and SPF first thinking in this economy maybe there are some deals. I was surprised to see the CSX fiberglass cars are up near $ 58-60K when you add the options, like stripes, glove box and the things most Cobras have. I talked to several dealers and most don't even have any and the ones that do are not discounting much The $ 49K is a bit misleading. Then I moved to SPF as I've had 4 in the past and the quality was outstanding and so were the dealers. SPF is now acting a lot like Shelby, where in the past stripes and alot of their current options were standard you pay extra now and the rollers are in $ 43-$45K range. The other thing that seems to be happening with SPF is they are adding a ton of new dealers on-going. I guess their plan is add more dealers and sell more cars but that doesn't work as all there good loyal dealers are going to suffer and be less profitable. Several have tried this approach in the past ie; GM, Ford and Chrylser......Did find a SPF dealer that was willing to sell a new roller for $37K plus options only because he just became a new dlr and has to order 4 cars at a time. Looked at a few other Cobras and finally landed on the new Hurricane that was recently announced. They also will do a finished roller and I love the new car, enhancements they made and timing/pricing. One other little tid bid I like is they are made in AMERICA!

If you are in the market for a new Cobra do yourself a favor and give Steve Sinard at Hurricane (in Iowa) a call.......
...and now back to our regularly scheduled program.