Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 'Street' Build
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by WardL View Post
Now I'm getting so picky about what exactly I want
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excaliber View Post
And that is exactly why buying a new one is worth considering. Oh sure, you can find a used one at a good price, but you will never find a used one "just the way you want it." There will always be some aspect of it that isn't quite right for you and it can eat you up after while.

I agree ... I spent probably a year trolling Cobra Country and Club Cobra looking for the right Cobra for me. It was especially difficult, because I was really looking for a 289 FIA car, which certainly narrows down the offerings in the 'pre owned' market.

To my mind, probably no car will be absolutely perfect, but take the time to figure what you want, then go for it. That is actually part of the fun. You might get lucky and actually find a used one that is 'perfect' or 'perfect enough' and then you get the car you want and save some money.

Otherwise, take a clean sheet of paper and make a list of what your dream Cobra would be and then talk to the builder/vendor of your choice to see what it would take in terms of time, effort and money to make the dream come true.

That's my .02