View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 06:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The dealers are not going to drop there price in my opinion on new rollers. They quite ordering from the factories when the economy tanked. The supply and demand equation. Factory aint making them, dealers arent ordering, low inventory.

I have owned 2 cobras and flipped a couple, including 1 brand spanking new one, and one as close to new as you could get without being new. The two "new" ones cost the most and without a doubt required the most rework and troubleshooting. To put numbers to it one had 21 bugs the other 17. Trust me I easily put in over 100 hours figuring the sheet out and the whole time risking scratching the car while I squirmed under the dash etc.

Unless you have money to burn and willing to kiss asss with your dealer so god for bid you dont piss them off since you gave them in excess of $50K to fix your car over a 3 month period and always wait for the "factory" to answer BUY USED!!!!!!

No title questions, it is either right or wrong.
The original owner sorted some if not most of the bugs
You touch, see, drive, smell before you drive - not wonder if damage will occure in transit and here "we have a great body shop"

The guy that bought the one with the salvage title may have the right idea, in the end though at best he will break even and probably loose money including his time unless he is going to do every piece of work himself and when he goes to sell who says he is a good engine builder etc.