View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 06:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 - #783
Not Ranked     

For the blues, I considered Toyota Blue Ribbon Metallic, Spectra Blue, and Indigo Blue. For the whites, I considered GM Arctic Blue, Toyota Blizzard Pearl, Ford Wimbledon White, and GM White Diamond Pearl.

I chose the Indigo because I liked how dark in was at the far end and the contrast to how light it gets at the point of reflection. Good contrast.

Of note, I think the SPF Indigo is GM Indigo 9792/39 - PPG 4717. It is only found on their Kodiak and Topkick work trucks, other than the SPFs.

The whites were actually harder to pick. For the flats, the arctic was a very bright white while the wimbledon was too creamy for my tastes. I wanted a shade between the two and was looking for a metallic/pearl paint. The blizzard pearl is a bright white like the arctic, while the white diamond pearl worked perfectly. I thought the arctic and blizzard were too white - i.e. the stripes popped out too much so you didn't see the blue first. I think the stripes should accent the main color, not take away from it.

Here's a post I had about the white paints when separated:

http://clubcobra.com/forums/showthre...ight=separated

ERA Registry Map

If you have an ERA and want to be listed, contact me with your info and I'll put it up. The minimum info I need is chassis number and location. The rest is up to you. The most information needed would be: chassis number, body type, city, name, CC nickname, and email address.

Last edited by Mooch; 01-16-2010 at 06:27 AM..