View Single Post
Old 12-18-2001, 04:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force, 351W, GT40 Lightning Intake, Toploader, Jag running gear, 3.07 diff, Autronic ECU
Not Ranked     

I just got off the phone to Peter at Petewell Engineering (Motec dealer) in Croydon. Peter does many of the Motec installs for Robnell.

He said that with the M48 on an LS1 you would still need to buy the ignition expander bringing the price up to within a few $'s of the new M800 ($2915). Interestingly, the M800 also supports fly-by-wire for an extra $484 and all you need to do is attach the sender to the accelerator pedal instead of a cable - it may be cheaper than buying a new cable assembly???

He also suggested that the wire loom that comes with either the M48 or M800 is not suitable for a Cobra as things are in different places. He now makes up his own looms for Robnell which produces a much neater job (he does this as well as supplying sensors etc for about $1K).

I'm going to check out Haltech & Autronic as well to see if they suit sequential firing - have you investigated these Mike ?

Bye,
Adrian.