Thread: Insurance?
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 04:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Hi there Modena,
I was only counting a labour value as I thought insurance valuations where replacement cost, that generally means they supply the money for someone to supply you a vehicle the same as yours, and if that was happening I am sure the supplier would expect to be paid an hourly rate, I was only using $90 per hour as an estimate, it could be more?
Maybe I am wrong there?
I hear what your saying about my time cost me nothing, but at the same time, why would someone's car be valued higher because he organised a subcontractor to build his car - example being Baz's car, I am sure his builder wants to be paid for his work, Baz chose to work a job to earn the money to build his car, I chose to use the time I could have been working for an employer being paid an hourly rate to build my car instead.

I was taught at a fairly early stage in my working life, that time is not free, even if it is for your own car or mates cars (being a mechanic by trade I had alot of mates expecting me to work on there cars on weekends for free while they went and partied).

Regarding the paint and panel cost, I am not sure what Ian pays his subcontractors for there part of the vehicle build, but figured I was over estimating in favour of the insurance company?

Anyway, here are some pictures as requested of my car as inspected by engineer, only thing to be changed is full screen has been refitted tonight.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.