View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 09:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I sprayed the dark blue yesterday and I like to wait over night to unmask so the base is good and dry and don't contaminate the silver. I use tape to lift any lose edges as you can see from the photos. There will be a jagged edge from untapeing and you want to make sure you get all the lose base that didn't stay on the tape when you unmasked it. Any lose base will stain a silver and you will miss it untill it cleareds and then there is nothing you can do about it, so I do the tape trick a few times. Another reason I like to sleep on it before I clear it is so I can look it over with a fresh pair of eyes and do any repairs it may need, I found one little spot on the hood that I was just not sure would hide when cleared so a few minute repair and I was ready to go. I like to put the paint codes under the clear so they stay with the car. I put them under the tail light just incase someone ever has to do any repairs. I hope you enjoyed and I hope I helped in some way its a ton of work to do a job like this and do it right.

Stop by and see what we are working on @ www.eddytheb.com