View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 04:34 PM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 1311 428PI
Not Ranked     

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell, Every time I read someone say that these cars are just modern day Hot Rods and then use that BS to justify putting a chebbie motor in one, it just annoys the hell out of me. You don't want the car because it looks like a vette/cheetah/WTFever, you want it because it looks like Daytona Coupe and those had FORD engines. MHO is that if someone wants a chebbie, then build a freakin' chebbie, don't bastardize a cool car just because government motors never built anything you liked! You want a warmed over 350 build one of those hideous cheetahs. And just for the record, nothing makes me ignore a car faster than seeing an old Ford rod with another POS 350/350 combo. If you want to act like it has no roots to Ford's past then build something really original and don't link it to the past. As much as I respect Pete Brock, that goes for him to. I love the Brock Coupe, but if the original had never existed then this one wouldn't either and throwing that warmed over 350 in it just dumps on the very past that makes the car desirable in the first place. And that ladies and gentlmen sux.

The preceding ramble was made possible by your local GM dealer and is not endorsed in any way by the chevy-ites on this board.

Steve