View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 04:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Johnex 351W stroked
Not Ranked     
Default Build log DU WISH

So this is it the thread in wich I will ask a million questions, post a million pics,
and document the build of project DU WISH.

Some of you will allready recognize this car. Yes it is the burnt Cobra up in Canada. I have yet to contact the original owner. I have not decided wether I need/ want to.
The name project DU WISH came from the plate that will eventually end up on the car. The plate was puchased back in 96 for my 68 firebird ( my first car) it has never been on a car since 98 when we sold the bird. My father and I restored that car together and now we are rebuilding this car together.

History on the "Cobra"

It is a Johnex roadster built sometime around 05. It was in a garage fire west of Toronto. Most of the damage was to the wiring, interior and the body.
We are well under way and I have posted a few pics that I will re post here just so that every one that is following the build can catch up.

Please refrain from posting if you feel that this car should have been crushed.
The fire was around the car and the foam and inner fibre glass had no damage what so ever. The powder coat on the frame was in perfect condition.

Now for the pictures
Here is the car as it was delivered to my dads garage on Dec 29 2009

Here are a few of the tear down.
Note the spray foam, we all know if it was that hot the foam would have been melted. And yes it was alot of work to clean of all the sut.

Jan 1 2010 Happy new year

Not to bad for a weeks work.