Old 02-02-2010, 12:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Brewer View Post
This is for you ,Buzz. The caption says "Hal Keck @ Lime Rock 1968"
Thanks Tim. That car looks like her skirts are blown up in the back all right - even to the point of exposing a bit of her undercarriage and gas tank a la the FFR look.

A quick search brought up this pic of Hal Keck driving CSX3008, courtesy of SS COBRA's gallery, butt asside from being a different color, the rear bodywork (admittedly from a different angle) appears CSX "normal":

If we assume it's the same car, does anyone know whether it may have been repaired/rebodied and repainted?

EDIT: With a bit more searching it appears that 3008 changed colors a few times, even in the early days. Here are two more pics circa 1966 and 1967 respectively:

Even in the 1967 pic above in which the car's color is listed as white, you can see the high rear bodywork and slightly exposed gas tank. These are action shots however, with chassis dynamics under hard cornering and/or braking coming into play, as opposed to static shots of the car at rest. Here's a look at the same car, side on in '66. Her rear end appears a lot lower here, but you still get a glimpse of her underpants in the back. I have to conclude that this particular car definitely has less droop in the rear than most other original CSX3xxx cars I have observed.

(Sorry for the sidetrack - but with a tiny bit of a stretch this may tie in to the whole FFR old/new profile discussion.)

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...

Last edited by Buzz; 02-02-2010 at 01:52 AM..