View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 08:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hi Jeff,
I have read through your posts that you have made to see if I could get more information about your build. I found some. I was wondering if I could ask a few questions? What rear suspension is going to be in it, specifically if it is leaf springed, what center section will it have? You mentioned something about SAI uprights, what are they exactly? Any pictures? What will it have for brakes? You said you found shocks from the UK, who makes them? I see Edlebrock has some for an original leaf spring car. You can get them through Summit racing and they are pretty reasonable.
Who else makes shocks for leaf spring cars, and any idea what kind of money they are for the different brands? Who made the custom springs? I am not trying to be nosey, but am curious on the price, as I am scratch building a coupe and am looking for similar items. By the way, do you know anyone who makes mounts to install a Jag center section in a 289 leaf spring frame? Maybe I should be building a 289 slab side because
the coupe seems like it will be difficult to get in and out of. Thanks Mark Stuart