View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 12:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 67 427 cobra SB
Not Ranked     

The article is informative. The pictures do not show for me? In my opinion, details are on the light side, as are every other EFI system I have ever read. Did the article ever say it was speed density and not mass flow? Fact is many claim no tuning needed and most claim every one else is stretching the truth. A few dyno runs (normal acceleration, steady state, and WOT) with an air fuel ratio would give the claims some credibility.

I was not born cynical, but experience has taught me to assume all advertisers are worse than politicians. Sadly I'm usually right. The AFR with the carb before would help answer the why the HP gain question. Put the wrong jets in the carb and get as big a Hp gain as you want. Technically speaking if both the carb and the throttle body EFI give the proper AFR, there is no reason to expect a Hp difference, unless one has a CFM restriction.

As for the design, I think putting a computer on the throttle body is a bad idea. Heat and vibration are not good for computers. The fuel pump heat sink is a creative solution for heat, but the idea still does not leave me warm and fuzzy. Close proximity to an ignition system is not a good idea either. I admit it is quite possible for it to be designed to work and hold up well, but I don't like putting myself in the position of paying to find out.

In general, I always thought throttle body was a waste, but when it comes to old style looks, it is definitely the way to go. Using multi port EFI, on an old style single plane intake designed for a carb (which I have), is a bad idea, as the flow is not identical at all ports, therefore the AFR is different at each cylinder. I give this design high marks for that, and you guys never took credit for it.

Other than what I have stated, I like the looks of the system. It also would seem to be a good boat upgrade, if you can meet all the coast guard requirements (another market to target).

Last edited by olddog; 02-08-2010 at 12:49 PM..