View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 12:34 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 'Street' Build
Not Ranked     

Time for an update:

A few weeks ago, we finally settled on a color. After a lot of back and forth between shades of blue and metallic paint vs solid paint, I went with the Indigo metallic ... which as it turns out, was my gut feel first choice from the get go. No stripes ... just rich looking blue, should look nice!

Here is the paint code

GM 2001
PPG
Indigo Met
WA9792

It appears to be a fairly close match to SPF Indigo Blue ... but I won't know for sure until I get the car and try a side by side comparison ... I am sure Lane or Jerome or Dave can help me out I don't have any photos yet, but hope to soon. I got a call from Walt and Diane at Connecticut Custom this week that the car has painted and is now being polished, then it's back to ERA to get in line for the phase of the build process. Both Walt and Diane have been great to work with.

This has probably been the hardest decision so far, as many had said it would be ... too many good choices. I look forward to seeing it soon and continuing with the project. Thanks for all of the advice and suggestions, it was also one area where my family had some good input as well, which is very cool.

What I am really looking forward to, is quickly glancing at the paint glistening in the flickering sunlight, as I follow the BACC guys to Alice's restaurant, along Hwy 35 on the twisting undulating road, in and out of the trees between shade and sun, pulling out of a corner in 2nd gear, then back on the brakes as the pipes are burbling from the engine overrun, turning into the next corner ... but I am getting ahead of myself