View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 08:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

Thanks for the hint. I've already pulled all the panels loose that I needed to, to free up the body. But, it won't be any big deal to re-hang the wheel well panels with a couple of the temporary screws and mark them and then pull the panel back out.

When you mention the tube reinforcing the hood opening - do you mean the round one that runs between the oil cooler and radiator openings - or the square one across the top of the hood in front of the radiator? I'm guessing your speaking of the round one.

FYI - I asked Bob about bonding the square support across the top of the nose since I didn't see it clearly mentioned in the manual. He said to go ahead and do so. Mine only had one screw through it - to center the body. I'm planning to rough the frame support finish and fiberglass panel up and bond it and reinstall the original screw - but not try to rivet it since I would have to rivet or screw through both sides of the tube. Did you put any other fastners in that area?

Thanks