View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 02:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post

I think my favorite so far was when they took the Old Man's Lincoln that he had parked out back for years and was going to restore it to have it restored as a present for him. He walked out, saw it gone and almost crapped when they told him it was just sitting there rotting down and they had sold it to make some room. Then when it was delivered back all restored and really nice, he was almost at a loss for words. And I do like seeing some of the really old things that some people bring in. Especially the ones that after they have their experts examine them and find out they are worth a lot then change their mind and won't sell.

Ron
Oh yeah, about the Lincoln. There is another show on Speed I think that does this as part of the show. The family is part of the setup, the car is reported stolen, and they restore it in a fairly quick time. Then the show guys play good-cop-bad-cop. The premise is the cops know where the car is and they want the owner to come along on a sting to nab the bad guys.

Chip Foose does alot of the design on the cars.

Some of them have looked very nice.

Some weren't worth the original scrap metal.

Just like "This Old House" I guess...