View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 10:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Still Working on This
Not Ranked     
Default Again, Thank You...

for all responses provided.

Again, my intent regarding the initial query, was not directed at driving any Shelby dealer into an adverse business position. It is simply trying to remove emotions from a purchase decision. A point was made in one of the responses that the purchase of a CSX or any Cobra replica (meaning a non-CSX 2000 or 3000 series chassis) for that matter is really about emotion. Hey, no fundamental argument, but at some point, and perhaps it is only me struggling with this, one has to consider the "V' word; aka, value.

Some of the info of most interest learned during the discussion involved the $12k +/- install kit that is not part of the base price (and to be honest, never saw this on the pricing option lists provided by multiple Shelby dealers). So, from a very non-emotional perspective, this takes a $51k roller and quickly turns it into a $63k roller. So, given you have a $63k roller, as say compared to an $85k Ferrari 360 Modena...for me, I default to the value bit mentioned above. But again, that just might be my problem.

Simply no right/wrong to any of this decision process and as mentioned earlier, given the times, seems a bit frivolous.

Bob