View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 02:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft 342 Stroker, 400hp
Not Ranked     

Dave, YES I am, and glad to be, How many people today can say they were part of a Cobra Race Team from back in the 60's......and life was simpler then, we kinda did things and then asked questions.....Here's a story for you, '68 or '69, Z28 and Cobra at Reading Road races, Penna. Went to quailfy Z28 and got hit , spun and wrecked. No time for the Cobra. AP,BP,AS and BS was our group, since we didn't quailfy, Scca rules stated we were to start at the back of our class, 2/ 904s, a couple Corvettes no problem. When we rolled it up to the false grid, SCCA put us back of the pack,last car on the grid. last. Well if you knew Hal, he explained what happened and they told us this is the way they understood the rules. Next thing we saw Hal walk up to the two 904 drivers and point his finger at the officials and walked back to the Cobra to suit up, What did you tell them Hal. To get out of my way, I'm going to pass them before the first turn. Green Flag, 4 wheel drift off the course and passed everyone by turn one. 17 or 18 lap race, 3 laps into the race we got Black Flagged for going off the course for the purpose to gain position. 8 Sec. in pit lane and guess what, YES, we won the race........Where can you see that today????? I have a picture our our team race shirts in my photo gallery, just can't place in post.....must be part of being old......

Lau