View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 03:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: # 757 ERA 427 SC , 482 Al. big block
Not Ranked     

SS Cobra .... you brought back some memories there . I raced SCCA starting back in the mid 60`s and ran some of the same tracks you mentioned . Reading ( Blue Mountain Region ) , Marlboro ( have a ton of pictures from there and was there when the Howmet turbine car ran ) , VIR , Road Atlanta ( 1970 ) , Summit Point and Pocono . I was probably at some of those tracks when you guys were . Art Bartholomee and Ron Grable were my two Driving school instructors at Marlboro .
I remember seeing one of the E/P Porsches lose it in a turn at Reading where the track went through the barracks area and wrap itself around a telephone pole . I also remember that the front straight was part of one of the runways and we were told that if we got a red flag while on it , pull off and stop as there might be a plane landing ! Small world isn`t it ?
I remember seeing Hal Keck run ... I`ll see if I have any pictures of him . I ran E/P ( Porsche ) and finally got disgusted with SCCA , so I went dirt track racing !

Bob