View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 05:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Can not help with the hoses, but on the brakes and clutch, I would connect a clear bundy plastic tube to the furthest rear brake caliper bleed nipple, run the other end of tubing into a container (old brake fluid container is good) and leave the nipple open and the cap loose - let it gravity bleed till you have fluid in the bottle.
Keep an eye on the reservoir so it does not run out.
Then when the end of tube in bottle is immersed in fluid, give the pedal a couple of slow gentle pumps, this will push the fluid out, and then as you take your foot off the pedal it will suck a small amount of the fluid in the bottle into the hose.
Then do the furthest front (L/H) the same way then the R/H front, and lastly the R/H rear.

Once that is done then I would just pressure bleed using the same hose in bottle trick, starting at Left Rear and working anti clockwise around teh car.
Get your 13 year old to hold a moderate pressure on brake pedal and slowly open the nipple.

Do the clutch in the same way.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.