View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 05:45 PM
Administrator
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: KMP286, Shelby 482, Webers, 593HP
Send a message via Yahoo to Brent Mills

Nothing like progress! Rich and the guys over at G & L http://gandlbodyshop.com/ have been busy on the MKIV. One of the really great things about working with them to this point is that Rich has been open to me coming in and doing odds and ends on the car while there at the shop. He found some stuff that needed to be worked on from my end and I came in for a couple of hours to shape a little metal on the spoiler, etc. Offered me tools and air and a helping hand while I was there. Cool!

Well, here are some of the progress pics. I think they are pretty much ready to do a full coat of primer and then block that out as the next step in the process.

One of the neat things I decided to do (at least I think it's neat), is to extend the inside surface of the scoop thingy's (see pictures) so that the extend beyond where just the hole would have been to give it a bit more finished look. Not exactly like original I guess, but I think it will look better. Rich found that my shoddy glasswork wasn't quite up to snuff and reinforced a bit and then filled/smoothed the inlets. Looks great!