Thread: Heater for FIA
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 08:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIA Mike View Post
Heaters? Heaters? We don't need no stinking heaters. I thought that is what the headers were for. My ERA FIA (#2047) didn't have a heater. Once you got going, the radiated heat from the headers made the car nice and warm on a winters morning.

FIA Mike
DD,

X2 what Mike said. I had a heater many moons ago and removed it. I wanted a car that was as raw-boned as the S/C's were. Not a cruiser. Off came the visors, windwings, nerf bars and I never looked back. Passengers either accept that or don't go.

You live in CA-I live in the usually frozen east. Wear warmer clothes if you want to drive in 50 degree weather-avoid the expense and effort of something that doesn't add power.

But the real reason I'd like to dissuade you is the amount of work (much of it 'dirty' like hole-sawing the firewall) you'll do to an already nice car. If your car has no top the heater will be of small value-not worth the effort IMO.

I know you may have a different purpose for the car than I so if you MUST have a heater, buy the ERA part-saves a ton of headaches. Been buying ERA parts as upgrades for two decades and their parts always make every job better.