View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 08:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4158, alloy body. The Watersnake!
Not Ranked     
Default Sorry I've been away...

Time flies. Three weeks have gone by already?

Well, the transmission is back together, just need a new tailshaft seal. Everything looked great and there were no signs of water damage to gears or bearings. The TO bearing felt notchy so it will be replaced, along with an update for the hydraulic actuator at Mcleod.

I'll have to reshoot the pics, but basically there are two AN-banjo fittings on the actuator which have been changed to a more positive sealing fitting. If you have a TO setup with phillips head screws attaching the banjos, I'm told there's a possibility of leakage over time. This one appeared ok.

Synchros and brass have nice sharp points on the teeth, as does the slider gear, which is a good sign.

This is the dual friction disc, which isn't available as a replaceable wear item - you have to get the whole shooting match for about $400.
I called Mcleod for a quote and they have a nice clutch/pp combo for a little more, but it is 12" and requires their flywheel, which brings the total to over $1000.

We have some local racers that have their discs relined at a shop in Dayton, Oh and resurface the centerforce plates. I'm thinking of going this route - any suggestions?

Bellhousing was crusty, pressure plate surface rusty and disc pretty worn.