Thread: Insurance?
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 03:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison, 6.0L Chev
Not Ranked     

Boxhead - slightly delayed response to your question above... we've got 2 daily drivers plus the Cobra with LSV and I'm trying to lodge a claim for hail damage we suffered down here in Melbourne on Saturday. My '06 GTI now resembles a golf ball and the missus Discovery suffered a bit too.

The poor girl on the switchboard at LSV was already sounding hoarse when I rang but politely took my details and said they would call back. The usual claims process involves downloading a PDF and sending it in - basically, "take a number".

I'm getting married on Saturday so I really don't need this. Wouldn't it be nice if the cars were assessed and in the repair shop before we leave on Monday for the honeymoon.

Anyone who knows how we might expediate this process... please chime in. Frank from LSV who came to the Cobra club meeting has moved to their corporate arm, so he's no help unfortunately.

How do they usually repair this damage? New bonnet is easy enough but damage to the pillars and roof... cut and shut?