Old 03-11-2010, 11:53 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 351W, T5, Red & White
Not Ranked     
Default "" A new approach to header collector couplings "

From Hemmings.com e weekly

" A new approach to header collector couplings "

" Using tubular exhaust headers in place of factory cast-iron exhaust manifolds is a hot rodding practice that traces back to the earliest hop-up efforts, but contemporary header designs haven’t changed dramatically since the muscle-car era of the 1960s. Many still use flat-stock plates cut to the proper dimensions for mounting flanges at the cylinder head and a three-bolt flange at the collector. The traditional three-bolt flange design was originally intended for racers who would regularly disconnect the exhaust systems that kept their cars street legal, once they reached the race track.

But today, thanks to advancements in performance exhaust technology, running “uncorked” often doesn’t yield significant benefits to street-legal racers; providing a positively sealed connection is generally more of a concern. There are alternatives to the traditional three-bolt flange, but a new, relatively unconventional approach has just been released by Juliano’s: the spin-on Pro Clamp.

The Pro Clamp system uses two 304 stainless-steel fittings that are welded in place, one to the header collector and one to the exhaust pipe; a threaded collar is then used to fasten the two, resulting in a gasket-free union that is said to be gas-tight. The Pro Clamp connectors are available in a variety of popular sizes, and can also be used elsewhere in the exhaust system. "

http://www.julianos.com/

Juliano's Hot Rod Parts
100 Windermere Ave
Ellington, CT 06029
860-872-1932

- Toll Free - Orders Desk 800-300-1932