View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 10:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, 427
Not Ranked     

slider701,

You bring up really great points. I was thinking of using an alternator bearing for the wheel bearings. They are made by the millions and millions and they are available all over the world for not much money and they take a terrific beating. I hear wheel bearings is a huge problem in chairs. We just have to keep thinking about making everything as bullet-proof as possible.

I think the chair will have to be made from steel. Steel can be welded anywhere in the world for a repair. Plastic becomes much more difficult to repair.

I have thought of making a monocoque chassis for the chair. I have also thought of using our CNC tube bender to see if we could make the chair from less tubes to make it stronger and easier to make.

I too wanted a gear reduction of some sort when I was out wheeling around. The problem is weight and cost.

Ernie,

You bring up some good points. They have to be able to service the chair in a reasonable way if it does break.

David
"Fear is the thief of dreams."