View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 12:19 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Butler...488" hi-rise, dry-sump FE s/o w/stacks
Not Ranked     
Default BUTLER REGISTRY...It's time!

I think it's time to have a Butler Registry. I would like to know where the Butler cars are, who owns them, contact information, etc.

I will create a spreadsheet (Excel 2007) with this information and make it available to all Butler owners or anyone else that would like one. We can start with this information and then as we build the spreadsheet, we can add more info in the future. If you have a suggestion as to what else you would like to know, we can add those questions as well. Lets find all 104 Butlers. As Jason has posted previously, all the Butler cars had the number stamped into the front of the frame on the drivers' side just behind the bumper mount. The format is BRImmyyzzz (BRI for Butler Racing, Inc., mmyy for the month and year the frame was fabricated and zzz for the sequential chassis number). You may not have that many total characters if you car was numbered under 100 or was built in the month 1-9.

So, lets start by everyone sending me a PM or an email to www.sotxbutler@yahoo.com with the following information.

Butler serial number
Club Cobra Handle
Owner name
Owner City and State
Owner phone number
Email address
What year acquired
Mileage
Color
Stripes (if yes, what color)Engine description (size, induction, and any special comments)
Transmission
Rear end (solid or IRS & gear ratio)
Wheels (brand and sizes)
Tires (brand and sizes)

I hope to hear from everyone with a Butler. If you know someone who does not frequent this forum, please try to get the word to them.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by SoTxButler; 04-10-2010 at 03:40 PM.. Reason: trying to make it look good